While my job hunt hasn't gone very promising well at all I still am busy filling out job applications after job applications in the hopes that I will have a new job to call my own or as it seems what everyone is calling it nowadays a gig lol. When I heard this on CNN and CNBC that the new term for jobs is now gigs I said to myself "Wow have we reach the point where just to find work it's no different then being a starving artist?" and that's a scary factor cause were does that leave us creative people at? I don't proclaim myself as a professional photographer (lol okay maybe for jobs I do) but really I'm just a dude that's really handy with a camera and doesn't mind reading the owner's manual, books and experimenting with camera settings so I can get the most out of my cameras; okay so coming from a graphic design background does help in the creativity department, plus I remember using digital camera when they first hit the scene. Back in high school my senior year (1997) are graphic design class got one of the very first digital cameras that came to the public market, I don't remember the brand but the two factors that stuck in my head was the resolution (300k) and the price ($600 bucks) and that was a consider advance for it's day. lol feeling a bit old now to see they have camera that go up to 56 megapix now.
So if anyone who is reading my blog notice I haven't posted any photos up or wrote anything it's beacuse of my ever-so-lacking-in-finding-a-place-to-hire-me hunt is still going on. So far my list looks like this:
ACMoore
AMC Movies
Boarders Books
The Apple Store
Best Buy
Pearl Paint
Ridgewood Public Library
Midland Park Public Library
Hackensack Public Library
Teaneck Public Library
Shoprite
The Goodwill Store
And I do know there is a few more to add to that list but totally forgot their names. Currently I had an interview at Shoprite, I meet the manager from ACMoore as I handed in my app, and Talk to the manager from the Goodwill store and was told they didn't have anything available in fact they laid off a few people. Now hopefully if I can muster up some funds I'll be heading to NY Comic Con and will be bringing you all some beautiful pictures. Also wish me luck on this job hunt thing or I might be broadcasting my post on the road; WI-Fi pending of course lol
No comments:
Post a Comment